Miranda House pioneered science education for women at the University of Delhi when it started its B.Sc. Honours (Botany) course in 1948. Over a span of years, the department has produced a large number of eminent scientists, dedicated teachers and those who excelled in other areas. The department of Botany occupies the ground floor of the old Science Block. It has a spacious Lecture Theatre and two teaching laboratories equipped with instruments and computers. It also maintains a Museum, Herbarium, Departmental Library and a Botanical Garden.